DaveTheCarGuy
DaveTheCarGuy, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  AAS in Automotive Technology.
75818362

Chrysler Patriot: hello i bought a 2008 jeep patriot 4x4.

hello
i bought a 2008 jeep patriot 4x4. my rack and pinion needs to be changed. i bought a warranty one year 20 000kms. i was wondering if it is covered. they changed the transmission without a fuss.

thank you

Most after market warranties only cover a specific area of the car. If you bought one that only covers the power-train, this would not be covered. Some warranties are "bumper-to-bumper", if yours is like that, then it should* be covered. The only ways to know for sure would be check your warranty paperwork, or to contact the company that you bought the warranty from. If you have the name of the company I can assist you in getting there contact information, but due to privacy laws, you will have to be the one to call for your information. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Dave

*The fine print on some warranties may consider the rack and pinion a "wear item".
Hello Antonio,

Were you able to get in touch with your warranty backer? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave