Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Chrysler Grand Voyager: Hi all.my 2006 grand voyager has

Hi all.
my 2006 grand voyager has been giving me problems for a while now.
Symptoms are.
open door with fob. Put key in egnition,
Engine turns but will not fire up.
take out key. Put key in turn straight away (without waiting for lights to go out)
&it may start.
take key out. Press lock on my fob.(so light on dash flashes) and it will start.
had it to auto electrician. They can't find fault. Suggested fuel fault.
HELP.
THANX IN ANTICIPATION.
JC
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on this model here but I see no one has responded yet so I will see if I can assist with this here.

If you notice anything else electrical acting up or not coming on when the vehicle wont start that usually comes on and operates when the vehicle does start this may be a fault of the electronic ignition switch itself.If they had not tested to see if this is the case here this should be done.

I have seen fuel issues cause this as well with weak fuel pumps or fuel supply/delivery pumps act up intermittently.If the fuel system was not checked/tested when this acts up this needs done as well to see if for sure this is a fuel fault.

In order for them to be able to diagnose and locate the fault they would need to have the vehicle acting up to test and locate the fault.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi pete,

Car still the same. HHowever! For some reason today my alarm went off for no reason at all.

I went outside &I could not tui tried evey thing even disconected the battery. But to no avail. I really dont know ehat to do as i know if i take it to Crysler they will take my eyes out with the repair costs.

Thanx so much jimrn off the immobilizer

I apologize for the delay.

Is this an after market alarm that is installed on the vehicle or the factory alarm system that came with the vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi pete.

its a factory fitted Alarm & immobiliser.

O.k.,from what you have described here with all of these issues going on here this sounds like this may be a fault of the factory immobilizer alarm system itself causing the alarm to go off and the intermittent no start issue.

It's difficult to pinpoint the exact fault for sure from here as this would need to be tested/checked into further to locate the fault.

If you haven't had the fault codes read out/checked yet this should be done to see if any codes have set related to this issue.If a code has set this will aid with the diagnosis and repair for this here.

Thanks Pete