Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

suzuki forenza: 2007 Suzuki forenza p0132...

2007 Suzuki forenza p0132...

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

do you have any access to a scan tool to view live computer data ?

you replaced the front O2 sensor and cleared the code and how long before the code set again ?

how does the car run ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi...All I have is a accutron basic scanner,I changed plugs,air filter and )2 sensor upstream.

It smell a little rich.

when the engine is warm what is that front O2 reading for MV ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will hook up my genesis tomorrow....what should it be?

here is the quick flow chart to follow

if you follow it without skipping a step it will lead exactly to what the problem is

so print this out as the pictures time out quickly in here

Wiring Diagram

Circuit Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) supplies a voltage of about 0.45 V between terminals E34 and E26 (if measured with a 10 Mohms digital voltmeter, this may read as low as 0.32 V ). The Heated Oxygen Sensor 1 (HO2S1) varies the voltage within a range of about 1 V if the exhaust is rich, down through about 0.10 V if the exhaust is lean.

The sensor is like and open circuit and produces no voltage when it is below 315 °C (600 °F) . An open sensor circuit or cold sensor causes Open Loop operation. If the HO2S1 pigtail wiring, connector, or terminal is damaged, the entire HO2S1 assembly must be replaced. Do not attempt to repair the wiring, connector, or terminals. In order for the sensor to function properly, it must have a clean air reference provided to it. This clean air reference is obtained by way of the HO2S1 wire(s). Any attempt to repair the wires, connector or terminals could result in the obstruction of the air reference and degrade the HO2S1 performance. Refer to "Heated Oxygen Sensor 1".

Conditions for Setting the DTC

• HO2S1 voltage is greater than 1 V .
  • Closed Loop stoichiometry.
  • Airflow is 2 g/s or greater .
  • Engine run time is 10 seconds or greater .
  • Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) is greater than 60 °C (140 °F) .
  • System voltage is greater than 10 V .
  • 3 second delay after conditions are met.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will illuminate.
  • The ECM will record operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. This information will be stored in the Freeze Frame and Failure Records buffers.
  • A history DTC is stored.
  • The vehicle will operate in Open Loop.

Conditions for Setting the MIL/DTC

• The MIL will turn OFF after four consecutive ignition cycles in which the diagnostic runs without a fault.
  • A history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm up cycles without a fault.
  • The DTC(s) can be cleared by using the scan tool.
  • Disconnecting the ECM battery feed for more than 10 seconds .

Diagnostic Aids
The DTC P0132 or rich exhaust is most likely caused by one of the following items:

• Fuel pressure - The system will go rich if the fuel pressure is too high. The ECM can compensate for some increase, but if it gets too high, a DTC P0132 will be set.
  • Leaking injector - A leaking or malfunctioning injector can cause the system to go rich causing a DTC P0132.
  • Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor - An output that causes the ECM to sense a higher than normal manifold pressure (low vacuum) can cause the system to go rich. Disconnecting the MAP sensor will allow the ECM to substitute a fixed value for the MAP sensor. Substitute a different MAP sensor, if the rich condition is gone while the sensor is disconnected.
  • TP sensor - An intermittent TP sensor output will cause the system to go rich due to a false indication of the engine accelerating.
  • HO2S1contamination - Inspect the HO2S1 for silicone contamination from fuel or the use of improper Room Temperature Vulcanizing sealant. The sensor may have a white powdery coating which may result in a high but false voltage signal (rich exhaust indication). The ECM will then reduce the amount of fuel delivered to the engine, causing a severe surge or driveability problem.

Test Description
Number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the Diagnostic Table.

1. The On-Board Diagnostic (OBD II) System Check prompts the technician to complete some basic checks and store the Freeze Frame and Failure Records data on the scan tool if applicable. This creates an electronic copy of the data taken when the malfunction occurred. The information is then stored on the scan tool for later reference.
  2. This step determines if DTC P0132 is the result of a hard failure or an intermittent condition. It may be necessary to operate the vehicle within the Freeze Frame conditions and Conditions for Setting the DTC in order to duplicate the malfunction detected by the ECM.
  3. This step simulates DTC P0131. If the ECM senses the change, the ECM and the wiring are OK.
  4. The replacement ECM must be reprogrammed. Refer to the latest Techline procedure for ECM reprogrammed.
  5. If no malfunctions have been found at this point and no additional DTCs were set, refer to Diagnostic Aids See: Powertrain Management\Computers and Control Systems\Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview\Diagnostic Aids for additional checks and information.

Step 1-8

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi...getting no live data ...scanner cannot read any sensors!

But you can read and clear codes.

we have to read live data
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know...I think ecm might be bad.

it could be

if that O2 is brand new and the wiring is good from the ECM to the O2 sensor it could be

but to be 100% sure that must be followed

would hate to see you waste money

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think the ecm is plug and play?

it must be programed to operate

but some places you can buy them from can preprogram them for you by your VIN number

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok...I read the 02 bank 1...swings between 0.15 and 0.877 V.Bank 2 sensor is swing back and forth also.Had to use a aactron plus to read live data.Go figure....4k Peggasus will not read...but a $200 acctron reads !!!!

Bank one is obviously going over 1.0 volt every now and then.I have not seen it do it yet.

Exhaust smells Rich.

Car seem to be running fine!

ok follow that chart