Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

2010 Grand Caravan SXT .4motor: Purchased new Grand Caravan

Purchased new Grand Caravan in Feb. of 2011. Had 175miles on it at the time. It had a right hand pull from the very beginning. Now it has 10,000miles and getting worse, all alignments were good . Rotated tires, no help, replaced one tire on front left side. Dealer tried, but can't fit it, it does have Bump Steer. Constant steer pull. Two times at 4 miles per hr., light brake pressure caused right pull. Braking is normal at all times. Been in Shop numerous times, no help. Where do I go for help now? Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Technician Chris replied 9 months ago.
The vehicle may be out of base warranty by time. If you give the me the entire VIN, I can research it and get back to you. The VIN will also let me see the dealer's history on the vehicle. These vans have rear brake issues - very common.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

the vin is 2d4rn5dx8ar385797

Thank you for that. Your base warranty expires on March 31 2014 so it is still covered. The only items that are not are what is considered to be "wear" items such as brakes (pads and rotors), air filters, alignment, and tires. I see you have visited Duluth Dodge a few times, but they have been unable to repair the issue. Have you spent any out-of-pocket money with them? If so, I would recommend returning to the shop and speaking with the service manger. If you have not spent any money, and all repairs have been warranty so far, then I would try a different dealer. Usually when hitting brakes, and the vehicle pulls right, that means the actual problem in the LEFT side brakes. This is because the left side brakes are not actually braking and the right side is doing all the braking which causes the pull to the right.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I appreciate your answer to the Brake Pull. Do you have any idea what would cause the

Bump Steer? Thanks Because the problem was there from new i dont think it is from wear .

Bump steer is a thud noise when the shock or strut compressor fully and hits the bump stop causing the noise. This usually only happens when driving very fast and turning. Are you hearing a noise when turning? If so, I don't think it is actual "bump steer" but I did find a technical service bulletin that describes noise in the rear shocks. It states "customers may hear a popping or clicking sound from the rear of the vehicle while operating at low speeds." Does this sound accurate? If so, you can visit any dealer and them inspect the rear shocks. Chrysler has come out with an updated part to replace both rear shocks to correct the issue. This is TSB #17-001-10.

Technician Chris, Technician
Experience: I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
Thank you for the positive rating. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist further.