Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mitsubishi Diamonte LS: Hi Doug, I have a 2004 Diamonte and

Hi Doug, I have a 2004 Diamonte and the alarm (horn) goes off about 75% of the time when the car is locked for a half hour or more. Inserting the key in the drivers door and unlocking it stops the alarm but its irritating and I just want to disarm it. What do I need to do?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like one of the door signal switches is at fault and most common is usually the drivers door itself as it is used the most.What occurs usually is the switch can fail and send a signal that the door has been opened when in fact it has not which in turn will set off the alarm.

What needs to be done from here is to determine which one is failing and then it can be replaced to correct this alarm issue here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete