sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

SUZUKI GRAND VITARA: I HAVE A 2008 SUZUKI GRAND VITARA AND

I HAVE A 2008 SUZUKI GRAND VITARA AND WHEN I ACCELERATE THE HAND BRAKE LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I LET OFF THE GAS IT GOES OFF ALSO THE SEAT BELT LIGHTS STAY ON ALL THE TIME FROM THE FRONT SEATS IT WAS THE DRIVERS SIDE THAT DID IT

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The seatbelt light not going out with the belt buckled is likely because of a bad switch in the buckle.

The brake warning lamp could be coming on due to an issue with the emergency brake switch circuit, whether wiring, the switch itself or the brake is moving just enough to allow the switch to close somehow, but since the light comes on under acceleration and goes off during deceleration it seems most likely that it's coming on due to low fluid level. There is a switch in the master cylinder reservoir that opens and closes depending on fluid level and will turn the red brake warning light on when the fluid level is low. Your fluid may be low enough either from a leak or from normal pad wear so that it's now at the level where it's just low enough to turn the warning lamp on intermittently.