Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

land rover range rover: I have a 2000 range rover that passed

I have a 2000 range rover that passed CA smog except for techs visual vacuum lines to sensor switches failure. I'm not sure what that implies or what it references. It was a smog only & they gave no helpful information. Thanks

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm still looking for direction. I believe the solution is fairly simple, but I'm not sure. My skill level is not very handy, but okay. I'm still trying to figure out where the charcoal canister is located & if there is a tube missing from the top of the manifold that goes to it.

On the Range Rover, EVAP control canister is located in left rear of engine compartment.

I do not know what there referring to either, if you have a hose missing or disconnected then the check engine light would be on, there would be running issues and you would of failed the stringent CA test.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The check engine light is not on. It was a visual failure. I think the missing hose from the manifold may be to the charcoal canister. I need to see a engine diagram showing what the engine looks likewithout alterations.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In transit now, they may help when enlarged. I'll let you know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In transit now, they may help when enlarged. I'll let you knows need passenger side view.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The photos are inconclusive as I can't enlarge them enough to find the missing line. Essentially, I still don't have any more information than we what we started with. I don't know where we go from here, I guess maybe a Range Rover specialist?

Can you post some images of this hose you are referring to, I can not determine for sure which it is by description alone.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, probably should have tried that in the first place. Will do so later today. thnx

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you look above left of the yellow oil cap, you can see 2 nipples coming out of a cylinder, 1 on left has a black tube that runs down to the manifold. The 1on the right is missing a tube/hose. I believe that's the one missing.

I got the image. The vacuum port is not used and should be capped closed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So there is nothing missing in the vacuum system from what you could tell from the image I sent you? There is a cap in place only it is missing the red collar & the car runs fine. If that's the case, then the smog tech got it wrong. Thanks

That is correct, nothing goes there and its just capped off. None of my disassembly diagrams show anything there, nor did any of the vehicle images I showed above.