sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 14 years dealership experience

Audi A8: I have a 2005 audi a8 and the front driver strut is

I have a 2005 audi a8 and the front driver strut is leaking at the top. I know i have to change it but dont have the funds right now to do it. My question now, is there a way to seal it to stop this leak to buy some time maybe a month or few before i can buy a new one. I have attached pics of where it is leaking from at the top inside the hole where the rubber covers are. Ay info or help is greatly appreciated. I tried capt tolleys seep and cure and this did not work, i am contemplating jb weld or if you know of any other ways or ideas i will appreciate it.

Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm not sure that you'll find something that will hold up on a leaking strut but there are a couple things you can try.

Whatever you do try to use you'll want to make sure the surface is clean as possible when sealer is applied. Clean everything up at first with something like brake cleaner and finish up with a clean rag and glass cleaner to remove all oils. It would also be best to do this at room temperature if possible and let it set up that way before putting it to use.

The JB Weld may work but there are a couple other things I've had good luck with also. One is 3M structural adhesive, the other is Devcon epoxy.. The machine shop I use recommended this as a last resort for repairing a small block Chevy cylinder head where the valve spring pocket was machined too deep and opened up into the water jacket. The owner had done the repair on his own race engines and this epoxy has been holding on my own engine for about seven years now.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi are there any local stores where i could purchase any of these? like franchise stores or any where close to atlanta ga that you know of? i greatly appreciate your response

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.
Any decent parts store should have either one of these. We've gotten these from Napa and Standard Auto Parts, most places will probably have these. If they don't stock it then they should be able to get either one for you in a day or so.
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 14 years dealership experience