sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2006 JCW Mini keeps going into limp mode. What are possible

Customer Question

My 2006 JCW Mini keeps going into limp mode. What are possible reasons? Cleared codes and ran fine for awhile but started again. Husband thinks our extreme wet weather might have something to do with it. Like moisture getting to computer.Had a mechanic look ay it but he said he wasn't sure what it was
Submitted: 3 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What actual symptoms are you having? Is the engine running in a reduced power mode? Is the transmission staying in a single gear? Different systems have different limp-in conditions and reasons. If it's an engine performance concern then you may have a bad cam or crank sensor, valve timing issue, bad MAP sensor, accelerator pedal position sensor, electronic throttle body or wiring issue, etc.

The fault codes that you're seeing are pretty surely related to the symptoms you are having. The first step in diagnosing the problem is seeing what fault codes have set and diagnosing them accordingly. There are dozens of codes that could possibly set and dozens of potential causes for the symptoms. If you can let me know more about what symptoms you are having and what codes are set then I can be much more specific to your problem.