sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Fabia: Hi there. I own a Skoda Fabia 06 and today both front

Hi there. I own a Skoda Fabia 06 and today both front electric windows suddenly stopped working. I've had the fuses checked at Halfords and it's not the fuse. Has anyone any idea as to what the problem could be? Is it likely both regulators could have failed simultaneously?
Thanks and regards

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although this vehicle is not in my area of greatest expertise I would like to try to help.

It's possible that both window motors could have failed at the same time but it's very unlikely. If both windows were working fine and you're positive that they both stopped at exactly the same time it's not likely to be a motor problem.

If fuses are ok and both stopped at exactly the same time then it's more likely to be a wiring or switch problem.. If the master switch has failed then it can prevent both windows from working, and if there is no power to the switch from the fuse then it will also stop both from working.

One common place to find broken wiring is in the boot between the front of the door and the body. This is where the wiring runs from the main harness to the door harness, each time the door opens and closes this wiring flexes and can eventually break.