Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

CL: Driver side bulb went out, light system acting funny

Driver side 'low beam' headlight bulb went out (I had it replaced two years ago). This time the light 'system' is acting a bit funny. The high beam blue indicator on the speedometer is 'slightly on' when just low beams are on and when I put the high beams on it is completely off.

Both 'inside' lights (closest to the center of the car) are on, but dimmed, when the low beams are on. Never noticed if the inside lights were ever on when both 'low beam' lights were working correctly and on low beam. Only the passenger side inside light is on and brigher when the high beams are on. The driver side inside light is off when high beams are on as is the driver side 'low beam' bulb.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, But I Am Mobile Now AndOn Cell And Can Not Adequately Carry On A Conversation. Is It Possible Tomorrow?

I believe your concern is going to be a faulty fuse replay box in this case, based on the fact of the high beam indicator not responding correct, below are the headlight diagrams if needed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe I located the fuserelay box under left side of dash. It is located on driver side of the dash. When you open the door there is a cover that is next to the door and can access but taking off the cover. Correct?

If so,that is a boat load of wires. Way too much for a DIY or at least for me. Is this typcially an expensive job to fix if it is abad relay box?

Normally relay box issues result in a new box, not a repair. This will be near a 1000$ repair.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, did you get my payment? I am not so sure how this system works since this is my first time. I rated you but did not see a button to submit payment. I am assuming by rating you that payment went out.

All good here
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the follow up. I am good. I think the service is excellent and plan to use it in the future. I am a little turned around since I got to your site via google. What is the home page so I can bookmark it.

You can bookmark this page, then click on my name an use the question box there.