Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Toyota Land Cruiser: Hi Ive just installed a electronic distribu

Hi I've just installed a electronic distributer to my 60_Series land cruiser and was just wondering what the extra black wire connect to that is located near the vacuum unit on the new disy?plus how do I know if my oil pump is still working,I have the same oil pressure as before is that good anought
Hello and thank you for you question,

With out looking at the new distributor wiring diagram that should have come with the new distributor it would be had to say what the black wire is for but in most cases a black wire is a ground wire. As far as knowing weather you wanting to know if the oil pump is working , if it was not working the first thing you would notice is the engine lifters would be rattling as soon as you start the engine. If you have doubt, remove the oil pressure sending unit and install a wet gauge and read actual oil pressure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cheers ron

Thought a long the same lines. It does already have a black&red wire on dissy but their is also another black wire as well as near the vacuum? Making 2xblack wires & 1xred .

John, Is the engine running as it should?