Is the security light staying on or flashing on and off with the key in ignition and in on position, or does it come on and go off after about 10 seconds?
I will check for any related ground wires at the condensor area that need to checked
ok, there is the same tsb for the 2009 Journey, so at least for the intermittent alarm, this should be done. :
DATE: February 04, 2012
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS AVAILABLE BY SELECTING "HELP" THEN "HELP CONTENTS" AT THE TOP OF THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW. THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT RELEASE 12.02 OR HIGHER TO PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
Flash: Vehicle Theft Alarm Intermittently Sounds, No Start
This bulletin involves flash reprogramming the TIPM with new software.
2009 (RT) Town & Country / Grand Caravan
2009 (JC) Journey
2009 (JK) Wrangler
2009 (J5) (CKD) Wrangler
2009 (J8) (CKD) Wrangler
2009 (KA) Nitro
2009 (KK) Liberty
2009 (K1)(CKD) CherokeeNOTE
This bulletin applies to 2009 model year RT, JC, JK, J5, J8, KA, KK, and K1 vehicles equipped with Security Alarm (sales code LSA or LSB) or Premium Security Alarm (sales code LSC).
The customer may complain of following conditions:
^ The vehicle theft alarm intermittently sounds for no apparent reason.
^ Multiple attempts are required to start the vehicle before the vehicle will start.
1. Using a Scan Tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify no DTC's are set. If DTCs are present record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.
2. In the System Test tab of wiTECH, record the 'Last VTA Trigger' cause.
3. Was the 'Last VTA Trigger' equal to 1 (right rear door)?
a. Yes >>> Perform the Repair Procedure.
b. No >>>> Proceed to step #4
4. Are DTCs U0010ANDU0001 present in the TIPM?
a. YES >>> Perform the Repair Procedure.
b. No >>>> This bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis is required.
Install a battery
charger to ensure battery voltage does not drop below 13.2 volts. Do not allow the charging voltage to climb above 13.5 volts during the flash process.NOTE
If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
1. Flash reprogram the TIPM. Help using the wiTECH Diagnostic Application for flashing the TIPM is made available through the wiTECH Diagnostic Application. For instructions select the "HELP" tab on upper portion of the wiTECH window, then "HELP CONTENTS." This will open the Welcome to wiTECH Help screen where help topics can be selected.
2. Clear any DTC's that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming. The wiTECH application will automatically present all DTCs after the flash and allow the tech to clear them.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.