Master Class Auto
Master Class Auto, ASE - Master Auto Technician
Experience:  20+ years, full time experience. Specialize in Diagnostics & Electrical
13828642

2007 suzuki: I have a 2007 Suzuki xl7 with what seems to be

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Suzuki xl7 with what seems to be a leaking VVT sensor, can you verify placement of the sensor. It seems to be right above the Crankshaft position sensors. I pulled it out to see the ring gasket around it was crooked and aged, cant find another sensor or the gasket on line anywhere. I attempted to fix the leak with RTV but its since gotten worse.

I also cant find the name of the gasket that goes into the block that the sensor slides into as id like to replace both
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
is there any chance you can send me a picture of it ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
is it in this picture here ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a picture would require removing the airbox and.motor stabalizer mount. the pic you posted isnt working

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

this sensor is on the back lower of the engine? passenger side front of the engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its inbetween the cam sensors

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I seem to be having computer problems

lets see if another expert has pictures

hang on another expert will reply back to you

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

Different expert here. If you are still in need of help please let me know, otherwise you can just ignore this request if you have resolved your issue at this point
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well I havent had my question answered. I need to verify the location of the vvt sensor and the name of the gasket/bung in the block that it slips into

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the sensor in question is on the passenger side of the motor inbetween theCam sensors behind the tortion mount on the motor

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

below shows all the sensors where the cam sensors are

tell me which one it is and I will pull the part number

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looks like its the camshaft actuator solenoid, I was calling it a VVT sensor mistakenly. If you can get me the part number for the solenoid and the round gasket in the block it slides into, as well as the actual part name of the round gasket please

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

It will be Monday before i can get onto parts catalogue at this point. I can open it up to see if another expert has parts catalogue access right now for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

any updates? thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I am going to have to opt out as my parts catalogue lists the part but no part number for some reason
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Rachel, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Rachel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i havent gotten the part numbers i need for the part in question and the engine block seal it slides into

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Rachel

Expert:  Master Class Auto replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I understand you need a Camshaft Actuator Solenoid and Gasket - but there are 4 on your engine. Which one do you need? It's either for the Bank 1 or Bank 2 and can (on either bank) be for intake or exhaust