Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Hyundai Tucson GL: 2012 Hyundai Tucson.....a trailer harness

2012 Hyundai Tucson.....a trailer harness was incorrectly wired to my vehicle, and now even with it removed, the right rear (only) blinker bulb flashes dim and fast as soon as you hit the brakes, then continues fast and dim, but the brake filament and running filament VERY dimly flash, too! What happened?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What may have happened here as I have seen before on other models is the BCM (body control module) may have been damaged internally electronically.When wiring has been done incorrectly this can short out this control module internally and cause a fault like this.

The BCM controls the turn signal and lighting circuit controls.With an internal electrical fault in it this will occur.

The fault codes need read out of the BCM with a scan tool that can communicate with it.Once this has been done then it can be diagnosed to see if it is for sure at fault,from what is described this does sound like the component needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your answer......I have ordered a BCM and am waiting for it to arrive.....I'm not sure if I'm going to have to have it re-programmed or not, but if so, it seems that no one around here has the equipment to reprogram it, and I may have to go to a dealer.........we'll see!.....

Thanks again,

Slade Harmon

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else,unfortunately in some cases a dealer is the only place that can program something like this.

Thanks Pete