Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Nissan patrol: Hi , my 2012 gu patrol auto (3000km) goes into

Hi , my 2012 gu patrol auto (3000km) goes into what seems like a limp mode occasionally when towing a 2000kg caravan.I don't tow in overdrive and stick to about 90kph.This am it activated about 5mins after start up! No alarm lights come up_any ideas? Thanks Kim

I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical fault and most likely with the transmission itself.When you can cycle the key off and then back on like this and the fault is gone for a short period this usually indicates an electrical component acting up.

This may be a fault with a solenoid or sensor in the transmission itself.

Even though no warning lights have come on I would have the fault codes checked with a scan tool that can plug into your vehicle and read out the codes that have set.This will aid with the diagnosis of this fault.If you can have this done and post the code info here this will help with the diagnosis.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.