George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

Suzuki Grand Vitara: Hello, How do you remove the blower motor

Customer Question

Hello, How do you remove the blower motor in a 2000 Grand Vitara 4x4. Think there is a mouse in there, when I turned on there was a squeek and today a smell of dead mouse. Hope you can help me get him out.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 9 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The procedure to remove the blower is below, you need to get the ECM off its bracket and out of the way so you can remove the three screws around the motor and slip the motor out of the lower case. Wear a paper mask so you don't breathe the mouse droppings.

Click here for procedure

Please let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

is there a procedure to enable ECM or Air Bags?

Thanks

All you need to do for the airbags is to disconnect the negative battery cable but in reality as long as you keep the ignition key off there is no need to do that. The ECM can just be unplugged to move it out of the way, as long as you plug it in with the key off it will be fine.

Please let me know if that is clear.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Sounds good so far....we will see how it goes.

Thanks!

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Having a hard time getting the blower motor out, there must be something missing or some trick to the removal. Can you be of further help?

You have the motor loose and you are having trouble pulling it out of the case or pulling the case off the firewall?