Technician Chris
Technician Chris, Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

daewoo luganza: my car will turn over but will not start, it

Customer Question

my car will turn over but will not start, it seams like its not getting a spark and just keeps turning over. i tried it this morning and this afternoon

Category: Car
Expert:  Technician Chris replied 3 years ago.
9 times out of 10 a "crank, no start" issue is a fuel-related problem. When you turn the key to run (but not start) can you hear the fuel pump turn on? It should make a slight "hum" noise for 2-3 seconds. If you hear this then the pump is getting power and may be internally faulty and just needs to be replaced. If you don't hear it, then the pump is not getting power and you may need to replace the fuel pump fuse or relay. If both of those are good, you may have an electrical issue in the wires to the pump. The best choice is to have the vehicle towed to a shop for a diagnosis. The shop can test how much pressure the pump is putting out when cranking (fuel pump crank test). 40 psi is typical during this test if the pump is good.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

i will check it in the morning

let me know