Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT: I replaced 7 spark plugs on my

I replaced 7 spark plugs on my ford explorer, i could not removed 1 because its was very stuck and i used WD40 to make ease to remove.After that the spark plug moved but still on place i tried to to fix it the spark plug is not tightining,i am afraid the internal thread is damaged eventhough the car is operational and running.At the end after one week appeared the on screen the message"Engine failsafe mode" its happen when the sppeed are between 40 to 60 Km/h and feel the car reduce itself the speed.
do you have the 4.6 engine?
tell me all you can
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Year 2004

Engine 4.6

Model: Explorer Sport Trac XLT

the problem is that the plug has stripped out the threads of the head,,,,,most ford dealers will want to replace the heads because of this,,but,you can fix it yourself with a spark plug repair kit that you can buy at your local parts consist of a heli coil thread kit and a threader ..or,,you may be able to get an independent shop to do the repair for you....
you also need to replace the plug boots on the coils if they have never been replaced,,these will jump a spark to the head when they go bad

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help