ASE Master Tech 35yrs
ASE Master Tech 35yrs, ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1972,Master Auto tech,Heavy Truck Tech, foriegn and domestic

why would my it turn over and not start

why would my it turn over and not start

ASE Master Tech 35yrs :

Glad to be of help. The starter only cranks the engine. It needs spark at the plugs and fuel, timing and compression to start. What is the year,make & model, engine size and how many miles on vehicle. The first thing to check is spark at the plugs and fuel pressure and check for codes.

ASE Master Tech 35yrs :

I'm switching to Q&A format to be notified of your response.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What has been going on is it is blowing a fuse in the electrical they are saying of main cable supposedly this runs eight systems on the truck I was wondering how the testing process goes to eliminate the systems they are trying to tell me that they can not do it in order from ignition to cpm or cmb box not sure if that is the right thing

If a fuse is blowing you have a short somewhere. The fact that one fuse is blowing tells you what circuit the problem is occurring. You will also need a wiring diagram of your vehicle and You need to find the short with a short finder or break out box. There are many types, some more elaborate and expensive than others. You can get an inexpensive one here:

Or here:

What is the year,make & model? Some vehicles have service bulletins on these type of problems that may be repaired for free. You need to check with your dealer to see if yours is covered. Otherwise, you should either try to find the short yourself or take vehicle to a specialized auto electric shop or dealership to repair the problem. For example, certain year ford truck's have a common problem with water leaking through windshield into fuse box & GEM module and the fix is reseal windshield and replace fuse box & GEM module.

Thank you for your positive feedback. Thank you for using just answer.