Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Jaguar XJ6: i have 1995 jag xj6 and the radio/cassette system

i have 1995 jag xj6 and the radio/cassette system in it, i have it on a radio station but can not change stations or turn off radio any suggestions

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Unfortunately if the radio is playing but your unable to change stations, this means the circuit board behind the faceplate of the radio has failed. The radio will need to be replaced with an OEM or aftermarket audio unit.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing else can b done it was working fine vehicle only has 8500 miles like new never been used stored in heated garage

You can attempt to remove the radio and disassemble it and try to clean the contacts but that is not a JAG tech recommended repair so I have no diagrams or procedures to offer since there are none.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris