Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Suzuki Verona: My daughter has her car key stolen this afternoon.

My daughter has her car key stolen this afternoon. The car is a 2005 Suzuki Verona. Can we get some sort of reprogramming done or does this require replacing all the locks and the ignition? What should we do?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. All the locks would need to be replaced which is somewhat expensive. Your looking at around $1200 total. Otherwise you can get a new key made for around $150 which is what I would probably do myself, especially if losing the key was a possibility. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can d to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If we just have a new key made (for around $150) the key thief, then, could easily enter, start, and take the car - correct?

That is correct, otherwise you could have a new key made and new ignition lock cylinder made just to start the vehicle for around $300. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.