Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

engine light just came on ,flashing engine running rough.No problem before that

Hello Sir or Madam and thank you for your question!
Typically when the check engine light is flashing it's a misfire. This can be caused by a bad ignition coil or spark plug. If you have an Autozone nearby they can check the code for you and this will usually tell you which cylinder is mifiring. You can also sometimes locate the faulty ignition part by spraying some water on the wires and coil with the engine running. This will sometimes cause arcing and when you see it you know which part should be replaced.
Hope this helps!
Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance, if not, please be sure to rate my answer. If you got here on the free trial, your card will not be charged.
Thank you.