Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

How can I improve the fuel comsuption in my Isuzs Frontier

How can I improve the fuel comsuption in my Isuzs Frontier 1999 I want to buy one tomorrow. But I see that I will get 6 km per lite. Will it help to put a electric fan on and a chip??

good morning my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today

there are a lot of factors that determine fuel mileage. Adding a chip is performance, not economy.

Tires, make sure they are in good condition and the alignment, which is critical, is correct.

services, make sure all services are up to date. oil, transmission, brake and coolant fluids are all changed. make sure the injectors are professionally cleaned. additives have little or no effect at all.

and most of all, driving habits. no flooring it from stop lights, sticking to speed limits, and just overall good driving. you will meet or exceed the ratings if you do these.