Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Suzuki Samuri: 86 suzuki samuri - Ive been driving with a

86 suzuki samuri - I've been driving with a failing carburetor - took of the butterfly valve to get it to run - but have to pump gas and take 10-30 minutes to start in the morning )longer since it's getting cold - This morning something happened to the gas pedal and the pedal now feels "loose" and pumping it does nothing, the cable attached to the gas pedal is loose. Is this the throttle cable that I need to replace?
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

The problem you are describing is very likely caused by a broken throttle cable, start with making sure its hooked up to the gas pedal and if so have a helper push the pedal and go out and take a look at the carburetor where it connects and see if its moving, if its not then the cable is likely broken. See the location on the Carb where it connects HERE.

If you have more questions and or need more help, please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your attachment to show the location on the carb where the cable connects does not work - I can find a diagram online so it isn't that big of a deal, I thought you might want to know. If you had included a summary of how to replace it that would have been helpful but there wasn't a how in my question, so fair enough. Thank you for your help today. I at least know what I need to be fixing.Laughing

Lara, The cable is fairly easy to replace, at the carb you need to loosen the lock nut and remove it from the bracket and rotate the carb linkage to remove the cable end from the carb, the pedal end is also slotted and pops up and out. See the diagram HERE , this one should work.