Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.
9795573

Geo Tracker: I took my 1992 geo Tracker in for a rebuild. i

I took my 1992 geo Tracker in for a rebuild. i believe the mechanic took my original engine, it was a clean block and sold it. How can i find out ? where are the serial numbers on the block and where can i find out what the original engine serial numbers were. I was told by a worker who quit, the mechanic sold my engine to pay a debt. He has had my car for a year now.

Dr. Hamman :

Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time.

There is a flange on the rear of the block that the transmission bolts to. On the drivers side bottom of the flange is the engine serial number. The last 6 digits should match the last 6 numbers on your VIN. Also I have been in the auto repair business for over 35 years, and if anyone keeps your vehicle for over 30 days something is up. A year is lawsuit material, there is no excuse for that. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your prompt and direct answer I think I can find what I need now to begin a fraud charge. thanks again so very helpful.

Let me know if you need any more help. Good luck with it and thanks for using Just Answer.