Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

RE:marcedes clk 32 .

Customer Question

RE:marcedes clk 32 . diagnostics shows evaporator system (no flow) #p0455. also shows #p0456 evaporative emmisions system leak detected (very small). Were is this element located and cost of replacement element were can I buy it? Henry.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question. Both of these codes come up for the EGR valve starting to go bad and cause a fault in the system. The cost of this part is $130.00.00 and it is located at the front of the engine near the top.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike thank you for responding to my 2004 marcedes. I take it you are positive that the EGR valve is faulty. Is a Pierburg EGR any good or should I stay with OEM part? Should both gaskits be replaced? Henry

Yes from the description of the issue this is the EGR causing this problem and I would go back with the OEM and replace both gaskets. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your information was incorrect as to the location of the EGR valve. I found it in the far back of the engine - extremely difficult to get at.

Ok did the EGR replacement solve the issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was not the EGR valve; plus the location was incorrect. I installed the EGR valve, but it has not corrected the problem, the same code keeps coming up. I since have found out that it has to do with the evaporation system. I would expect to have my money refunded. Thank you