Land Rover LR3: My 2005 LR3 will be running fine and have no

My 2005 LR3 will be running fine and have no issues whatsoever. All of the sudden, I will try to start the car and it will not start. Light and other electrical items function no problem lights are bright etc so I don't think it is the battery.

What is strange is if I try to start it again it will usually fire right up like it is brand new. Weeks will go by with no issue and then all of a sudden it won't start again. Any suggestions as to what it may be.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it wont start, does the starter turn over, but the engine does not run, or does the starter not even turn over?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tim, the there is an audible click heard but that is it. It is not the usual sound you would hear when a battery is dead which usually multiple clicks.

My initial thought was starter motor but because it is so intermittent (can go for months with no issue) I'm a bit stumped.

Yes, this will be a bad stater, they get a bad spot in the armature and will cause this intermittent starter, it is easy to verify, when it wont start, there are 2 wires at the starter, one large coming from the battery, and one small wire coming from the ignition, check the small wire for power when cranking, if it has power, then the starter is bad and will need to be replaced,This is very common on these,Tim
Hi, do you need more help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tim, thanks for your suggestion, as it turns out it wasn't the starter it was a bad ground connection (corroded).

Great, glad you got it fixed,Tim