Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford Escape, 3 l V6 Sport: Car: Ford Escape 2007, 3.0 Litre

Car: Ford Escape 2007, 3.0 Litre V6 sport.

Problem, accelerator pedal 'sticky' forgot to mention at last service, anything I can do grease etc

slight 'clunk' when disc brakes are applied???
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common fault I have run across with a sticky accelerator pedal like this here since this model still uses an accelerator cable attached to the throttle body is the throttle body can develop carbon build up inside of its bore and this causes the throttle plate to bind on it causing this sticky feel.

What you can do in most cases is remove the air inlet tubing from the throttle body and use a shop rage with some carb. or brake cleaner sprayed on it and wipe out the throttle body bore opening the bore plate and wiping off the plate as well.This may take a few rags with cleaner on it to clean this out.Then re check and see if the throttle plate still binds.If it does not you should be o.k. from there.

With a clunk noise with the brakes applied this can be due to loose brake pads in the brake calipers or possibly severely worn pads or a loose caliper.The brakes would need inspected to see if you find any of these faults here.Once the fault is found it can be repaired from there to correct it.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete