Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.

mitsubishi montaro xls: How to change the thermostat ?

How to change the thermostat ?
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

If you follow the Lower Radiator Hose to where it connects to the engine, this is the Thermostat Housing. The Thermostat is located inside. Remove the lower radiator house from the housing. Remove the housing mounting bolts and then remove the Thermostat. Upon re-installation, make absolutely sure that no oil adheres to the rubber ring of the thermostat. Also be careful not to fold or scratch the rubber ring during installation. Install the thermostat so that the jiggle valve is facing straight up.

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!