Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda Atenza: Air con in mazda atenza 2003 is on and off..

Air con in mazda atenza 2003 is on and off.. Sometimes it works and others not so much! Better sometimes when I put accelerator down! ??
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like the ac system may be low on freon causing this issue due to a freon leak.I would have the freon level checked with an ac machine and if found to be low then the leak needs located and repaired and the freon recharged properly.

If there is a restriction in the ac condenser air flow in front of the radiator this can also cause this type of fault.I would inspect the radiator and condenser for any damage or debris build up and if any fault is found it needs corrected to correct this here.

Make sure the engine cooling fan is operating properly as this can cause an issue with cooling the condenser to lower the ac pressures and cause this.

All of these need checked into to locate which is at fault and then repaired from there to correct the fault.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete