gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4: Hi guys,I am stuck - I have

Hi guys,

I am stuck - I have a Lamborghini LP560, and was recently sent a replacement head unit from Lamborghini Vancouver, which was used/reconditioned.
I have the unit installed, but it is asking for the PIN, and says that I only have 2 attempts remaining.
Can you guys help?
The VIN is ZHWGC54T79LA08559
The stereo number is XXXXX

Thanks - I would greatly appreciate your help!!

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! I would be fine with waiting. I appreciate the fastr response.

I believe that a Lamborghini dealer can generate a PIN with the VIN and the stereo unit's number, but I was hoping an Audi dealership can do this as well.

Thanks - I will await your reply.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
That head unit is an Audi head unit. You would need to have someone with dealer access to get the PIN, and none of the experts here have dealership access. It's odd that the head unit did not come shipped with a PIN, as they would have had to use it to test the unit when it was repaired- most radios I have gotten have the PIN on a sticker.
A couple places to look- in your owner's manual there should be a stereo booklet, or possibly a business card sized rigid card, with a sticker on it that has the PIN and the serial number of the radio.
You may have to call a dealership and see if they will "do you a favor" since you already have the serial number and they don't have to pull it out or hook up a scan tool, they can just look it up online.
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience: VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified