sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Ford ba fairmont: Hi I hav a 2003 ford fairmont with a 5.4l

Hi I hav a 2003 ford fairmont with a 5.4l wen throttle is applied I hav a knockn noise goes out briefly at 1500 rpms then comes bak in after that changd vct solenoids an oil pressure is 60 at hot idle 90 to 110 psi at 1500rpms an above any ideas wher to go next please ?? I hav only had ths car short time changed plugs an oil I used penrite 5w 40 closest I cood get neva noticed ths noise before I did this service 

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Does the noise seem to come from the front of the engine? If it seems to come from the front of the engine then the noise is most likely timing chain related. It could be a stretched chain, bad tensioner or worn/broken guide, but the most common cause of chain noise is a bad cam phaser. The cam phasers are what control the variable valve timing and there have been some issues with them failing and causing timing chain noise.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Noise seems to come frm back further louder wen u take air intake off after I sent message last nite continued lookn unplugged solenoids noise went away drivers side bank th 1 that stopped it

Was it the cam timing solenoids that you unplugged? If so then that does make it very likely to be a phaser problem.