Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

HalloI keep getting a message about batteries on my m/b,Ihave

I keep getting a message about batteries on my m/b,Ihave just bought the car,model E200,
year 2006,Battery Protection: Convenience Functions Temporarily unavailable.
Both batteries front and rear are new.
I also get a message that I must press reset button,where is this button situated.
I bought the vehicle because of the automatic gear box,I am a disabled driver and an pensioner,now I am afraid the car is to complicated and costly to operate
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually when these messages come on this indicates low voltage.If you have replaced the batteries and are still receiving this message this may be due to a faulty alternator/generator not supplying enough amperage/voltage to the batteries to recharge them.

I would have the charging system tested to see if this is the case here and if found at fault it would need replaced to correct this.

The reset button is usually the same reset button you use to reset the instrument cluster trip odometer or in some cases there will be another button on some instrument clusters at the gages with the letter R on it.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Pete-could the fact that I have not taken a trip of more than

about 7 to 8 km since installing the small second battery be a factor.

It is just since the second battery was replaced that the message appeared.

Previously before replacement, a picture of a battery appeared together

with the message to visit a dealer or technician.

No indication appears that shows the battery is not charging.Please

pardon any spelling errors,English is not my first language.Thanks again

for your help.Koos ;South Africa.

If this fault or messages started to occur after the second battery was replaced I would have the second battery tested to make sure it is a good battery.Even though it may be a new battery it can still be faulty and cause this issue.I would also make sure the battery cables have a good clean and tight connection at the batteries.

If these are all found to be o.k. then I would have the charging system tested to see if this is a fault with the alternator/generator causing this here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete