Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a Cayenne 3.2 with codes p2178 p2180 I have

I have a Cayenne 3.2 with codes p2178 p2180 I have changed the Maf,plugs and new coils still have misfire and very poor idle, I was looking at one of your previous answers could it be the coolant temp sensor reagrds David

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you tell me the year of your vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Peter it's 2005 3.2 cayenne I've had poor idle and misfires on start up but the only codes are the one I mentioned it does seem to settle Dow when warms up pulls hard.
Next day when you start it it does exactly the same.
O.k.,the fault codes you have here are for lean fuel mixtures on both bank 1 and bank 2 or both sides of the engine.

The first thing that needs checked is to see if you have any vacuum leaks on the engine like loose or damaged vacuum lines/hoses or possibly even an intake gasket leak as these can be common to cause the lean codes here.

If there are no vacuum leaks present I would have the fuel system tested to make sure this isn't a weak fuel pump or possibly a restricted fuel filter.

All of these can cause these codes to set here as well as the running issues,the mass air flow sensor can also be a problem but this sounds like it has already been replaced and should be o.k.

The computer usually reads the coolant temp sensor and knows what the amount of air entering the engine should be so I don't think this sensor can cause this here as it would see it as normal but this can be checked with a scan tool that can plug into your vehicles OBD 2 port and communicate with the engine computer to read out the engine data list to see if the sensor is reading off of what it should be when the engine is cold and warmed up.Most likely it is o.k.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete