Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

The truck starts but shuts down . could ther be a problem in

The truck starts but shuts down . could ther be a problem in distuber . I have installed amost every thing ini it. the truck was running good then it stoped. It sound like it a fuel problem but again I have installed every thing even new fuel lines. 1978 Dodge truck 350 360 motor has a new cab. could the cab be not good Auto Zone say it has no warranty it edelbrock

Hi,My name is Tim,

I will do my best to assist you

please explain to me what is going on...and all you have tried/replaced

tell me all you can

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Tim sorry I was working just got out . my number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNif you could call me we could get this done faster. I do know a lot about mech just been out if touch for about 15 years.

we arenbt allowd to have or give personal info such as phone # XXXXX e-mail..
if you can,,please explain to me what the truck does,,,

and all you have tried/replaced

tell me all you can

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The truck used to run for about 20 min. 3 days s go now it only runs when I pump the gas then it dies. I have not change the dist. or the timing chain. it mit be a vacuum problem but it was running I din.t see it been it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tim I am not to good with my computer so bear with me I am old school and get old.

would it restart after it died,,or would you have to wait for a few minutes before it would start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It starts only when I pump the pedal now it use to start all the time but the last 2 day it dose not stay on

when it doesnt start,,do you have a spark on the plugs?
will it start with starting fluid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It always starts up it just dose not stay on less I pump the pedal. There is always spark on plugs. I have not used starting fluid.

from the way you have one of two problems..
either a bad fuel could check the pressure,,it should have 5-7 psi
or the crabuator itself,,,perhaps the needle valve is stuck or the pump in the cab is bad
i dont think it is the distributer from the way you explain

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help