Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 ford Taurus 3.0 24 valve no spark changed coil PAC crank

2002 ford Taurus 3.0 24 valve no spark changed coil PAC crank an cam sensor still no spark

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

While the key is in the run position is the (CEL) check engine light on or off?

While cranking is the CEL on or off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Light is on

The CEL is on during both tests?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cranking light is off

Great, this means the PCM is getting a crank signal. Unplug the ignition coil, turn the key to run, is the Red wire at the coil showing battery voltage?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it is

How exactly are you testing, to verify there is no ignition spark?

Do you own a test light?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have a spark teste
Do you own a test light?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have a test light

Great, unplug the coil, connect your test light to the battery positive wire. Have someone crank the engine while you probe the other 3 pins at the coil connector, not the Red wire. While cranking does the test light flash when testing these 3 wires for a pulsing ground?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No they dont

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX verified the crank sensor signal is getting to the computer, and we have verified the coil is getting power. This last test verifies the PCM is not triggering the internal coil ground switches. At the PCM we need to verify its getting all needed powers and grounds, if there good then the PCM is bad. See the below diagrams.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02pcm1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02pcm2.jpg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where do I look now

Are you asking where is the PCM?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I know where it is I don't know how this happen over nite

If it is the PCM itself, then its just like any other computer, one minute working then not the next. Electrical or electronic failures give no warning usually.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could this possibly be anti-theft?

The anti theft shuts down the fuel injectors and on some the fuel pump as well. None disable the spark. If there is also a theft issue. The theft light will flash 3 times a second while trying to start.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
PCM cks out must be bad

When you replace the PCM ,you will need to get the replacement programmed to the vehicle before the vehicle will start.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.