lnsmman58, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  ICAR Certified, A/C Certified, Plastic Repair Certified, 30 Years Experience

Camry: Hi. I also have 1999 Toyota Camry. Replaced battery,

Hi. I also have 1999 Toyota Camry. Replaced battery, followed instructions you gave (disconnecting negative terminal, turning key to "on", left door open, and reconnected battery). Car still won't start, and when I turn ignition off or close the door, the alarm sounds again. 'Now what??

Hello I'm Scott,

I'm not sure what you tried, but I'm sure this is very frustrating. I came up with this procedure that sounds different then what you tried. Keep me posted some I can opt out if it doesn't work. Thank you for using JA.

• 1

Open your Camry's door and sit in the driver's seat.

• 2

Locate the kill switch, actually a toggle switch, on your Camry. It is located on the left-hand side of the steering wheel column beneath the dashboard. It will be the only switch on that side beneath the dashboard.

• 3

Press the toggle switch in and hold it.

• 4

Start the engine on your Camry while you are still depressing this switch.

• 5

Listen for an audible beep that will let you know the alarm has been disabled.

• 6

Reverse this process to reactivate your alarm.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When do I reconnect the battery?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanx, Scott! We finally got the alarm to reset using your directions.

You are very welcome, thank you again for using JA.