Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

engine light on and a/c is blowing hot air

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is Roy and I will assist you today.

We need the code as it is a fuel control issue. there are over 1500 possible codes and will be very hard to guess.

What is the year, make, model and engine size???

Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2008 chevy trailblazer 6

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you go to a parts store and have the codes pulled for us??

Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

codes for what part?

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
the check engine light that you indicated was on. it will helkp us figure out the failure

Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you are not answering anything, the engine light is on and the a/c is blowing hot air. What codes numbers for what parts?

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
I will give you some answers when I get something to go on. I need a code for the check engine light for that system failure which may have a bearing on the ac as well. Without any information, it is impossible to render any suggestions.

the ac could be low freon. is the ac compressor coming on???

does the light come on at the control head???

If this is not good enough, I will opt out and have someone else try to guess an answer for you

Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where is the code for the check engine light for that system failure? Is it in the truck manual? On the engine? In the driver's door well?

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
you need a scan tool to plug into the connector under the left side of the dash. the scan tool will read out the codes and you can write them down. if you do not have the tool, then thats why i suggested you go to a parts store as they read them for free for you. when you get us those codes we can proceed with finding you issues with the car.

Roy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
really??? you give me nothing to go on and you rate me bad???? we need information to help you find the failure. i cannot do this without you getting me something to work with.

bad rating for trying to help???? good luck getting anybody to help you