Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Saab 900 SE Turbo: It is a 1997 900 se 2.0 turbo and lately

It is a 1997 900 se 2.0 turbo and lately the transmission has been going into limp mode
I believe. I have no R, and the tranny seems to be stuck in 3rd gear. At about 35 mph I am cranking out about 3000 rpms, and in order to get the car to move it gets to about 2500 rpms before it even budges. I took it to an auto zone (taking it to dealer later this week) to get a basic idea of the problem, and the codes read "gear ratio incorrect" and "low input to R, N and D". I think it to be either the ECM, TCM, or the range switch sensor. The possibility of the whole tranny going is also on my mind. Any ideas what could be doing this?

Hi,My name is Tim,

I will do my best to assist you

are you saying it has no reverse at all?

please explain

thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, there is no reverse at all, save for the few times the tranny tries, but for the most part nothing.

ok
i have no good news for you here...sorry
and,i dont think it is the tcm ar the ecm..
i think you need a transmission..yours needs to be rebuilt or replaced ...sorrry,
i dont see an easy fix for this one
thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help