Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.
18617752

2006 suzuki forenza vin KL5JD56Z56K418276iM GETTING A CODE

2006 suzuki forenza vin KL5JD56Z56K418276

iM GETTING A CODE p2135 FOR THE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR

I do not know where the sensor is located. Can you please tell me where or if I am doing the right thing. Thanks

I ordered the sensor, it looks like this:

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/MC/18074-070 42381.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_content=MC&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&utm_term=2004-2008+Suzuki+Forenza+Throttle+Position+Sensor+Standard+Motor+Products+TH42T+04-08+Suzuki+Throttle+Position+Sensor+2005+2007&fp=pp&gbm=a&gclid=CNiy7tiZ2rkCFZCd4AodrX8ANA
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

The P2135 is a fairly straight forward code that is pointing to a fault with the Throttle Position Sensor. The TPS is mounted to the side of the Throttle Body. Mare sure to carefully inspect the electrical connector and as far up the harness as you can, looking for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, suspect a faulty TPS. I tried to click the link you provided above, but it said it was an invalid page, so I will include the location and the actual image of the TPS sensor. (Looks like AdvanceAuto has one in stock - click here for pricing and details.)

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!
graphic
graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats the one we got was from advanced auto, but its different than the one that is mounted on the side of my throttle body????????

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Make sure you are on the right sensor. There is an IAC Valve located in this area as well. The IAC is on the same side as the TPS, but a little forward of it. I just did a search at NAPA as well, and it comes up as the same identical part. Here's another view to make sure you are on the correct sensor:
graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have a different throttle body, Im positive. Here is a picture of the one we have on our car.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Wow. Weird. The VIN# XXXXX up straight as the 06 Forenza. I tried crossing over the OE part number (1342084Z00) with Suzuki parts website... but unfortuntely, no image provided!

Hang on... I think I figured it out...

Looks like on this version, the TPS is part of the Throttle Body Assembly, and the TPS is NOT serviceable as a stand-alone item. Why I keep seeing the TPS shown above is beyond me... but after a little research... I come up with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-Suzuki-Forenza-Reno-Throttle-Body-2006-2007-2008-OEM-/200964548407

or this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2007-2008-SUZUKI-FORENZA-RENO-THROTTLE-BODY-OEM-96417730-25368821-/261290867847

So it looks like the Throttle Body Assembly is going to need to be replaced as a unit.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hang on... I think I figured it out...

or this...

Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Ron Z here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Confused by my info request or answer?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?
~ Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you.

Thanks,
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert! Ron Z here!

I noticed that this question is still open/unrated, so I wanted to check in and see how everything was going? Did the information on the location of the TPS help you out? Did you get it replaced? Let me know...

Thanks,
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Ron Z here.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?

Thanks,
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Ron Z here.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?

Thanks,
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Ron Z here.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?

Thanks,
-Ron Z
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Ron Z here.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?

Thanks,
-Ron Z