Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Nissan/Datsun Patrol: The heater in my 2005 4.2 litre patrol

The heater in my 2005 4.2 litre patrol has stopped working
Air con works but when I turn know around to full heat there is no heat
To best of my knowledge there are no electrical parts or fuses except for the blower which works
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be caused by a restricted heater core not allowing the engine coolant to circulate through it.If possible locate the heater core hoses coming off of the engine and with the engine warmed up and heater switched on see if both hoses are hot to very warm to the touch.If you find one is hot and one is very cool this usually indicates a restriction in the heater core itself needing either flushed out to try and correct this or replaced.

If both hoses are found to be hot then this may be an issue with a temperature actuator on the heater box itself not actuating to turn off the cold air and allow the warm heater air into the vehicle.This would need to be tested further to see if this is the case here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete