Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

750: Hi Guys - I have a 2011 750i. I recently ordered the

Hi Guys -
I have a 2011 750i. I recently ordered the button repair kit (#61319313924) since the AC fan toggle button paint is worn to the plastic. I received the kit but am unsure how to pop the button off. can i just pull? the toggle looks like it locks into a center pin and i don't want to damage that. Thanks in advance!
Robert
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You can remove this button and replace it without removing the entire heater control assembly.Here is the procedure I have located for you on this here:

graphic

1. Use two narrow picks to carefully pry off the button caps. Since the button will be replaced, pay special attention not to damage the switch.

Note:

There are two types of button switches; a rocker type for the fan speed adjustment, and a regular push-button type for the others.
graphic
2. In this picture, the fan speed button cap has been removed. The cap is attached to the two individual square openings of the switch
graphic

3. In this picture, the driver's side seat heating button is being removed. The cap is attached by four retaining tabs; two on the top, and two on the bottom. Remove the two top tabs, and then the two bottom tabs.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete