Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Land Rover Rane Rover HSE: Good morning. I own a 2008 RR HSE.

Customer Question

Good morning. I own a 2008 RR HSE. I have had the oil changed regularly at an independent shop and they have never been able to reset the oil service reminder in the past - I really didn't care about it since I am diligent about my 3000 service and quite frankly it only flashes on the info indicator for a brief moment and then it's gone. Well, today, at the same shop, a very "industrious" guy figured out how to reset the oil service notification - which would have been fabulous except now I can no longer use the "info" button to scroll through the date, time, etc. Now, the only information that is visible is the outside temp (on the left) and the gear I am in (on the right). Is there a way I can get the information button to begin functioning again? Thank you for your input.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

The button is not stuck is it?

Do the other buttons still work or can you not tell from the current screen its stuck on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No buttons are stuck

The Land Rover symptom chart for this concern states the most likely faulty is a bad button where as the contacts inside it are broken and when pressed it is no longer sending the correct OHM signal. SO it will not change the function when used.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris