Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Suzuki Sidekick: 1992 Suzuki Sidekick. The A/C compressor clutch

1992 Suzuki Sidekick. The A/C compressor clutch will not engage. I traced the problem down to the A/C amplifier not sending the signal to the A/C compressor clutch relay. What inputs does the /C amplifier need for the output? I would like to try and diagnose before I replace the amplifier
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you ground the pink wire at the a/c amplifier, does the compressor clutch engauge/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

ok, with the key on, check for power on the light green wire, and check for power on the blue wire, with the a/c switch on, can you do this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At the amplifier connector?

yes
did you check these wires for power yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay. The light green has power and one of the 2 blue wires has power.

ok, then the a/c switch is signaling the a,plifier to turn on the compressor,and the amplifier has the required power on the light green wire, this just leaves a bad amplifier,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any idea who might carry an amplifier. We don't have a local dealer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tim, I now have the new amplifier and the same results. There is still no ground coming out of the amplifier to turn on the relay for the compressor. Any suggestions?

Thank you