Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

dodge ram 4x4: I have a 98 dodge ram 4x4 360 5.9L .When it

I have a 98 dodge ram 4x4 360 5.9L .When it takes off it wont change rev at drive until it hits round 3500rpm Ive change the rev limiter on the transmission twice went good for a short period now shes playing up again Transmission is new 46RE The truck is running a v2 supercharger 245000km 

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question?

Is the check engne light on and if so what are the codes?

Does it do this whether it is cold or warmed up?

and metal in the pan when you replaced the rev limiter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Eric ,no engine light shown and all instrument work when you turn key on.Yes it does do this whether its cold or warm. When I removed the pan I did checked for residue and particle incase it was wear and tear in the transmission.The fluid oil pretty clean. I bought a banks flashtune to see if it makes a different,but banks and superchip are mainly for desiel

Ok, have you tried starting off in D1 and manually changing gears, going up from D1, D2, D3, D4 to see if it will shift properly when manually shifting thru the automatic gears?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did take it out for a drive and did as you said,but didnt really make any different The rev seem to drop then stays on again until it over rev or take my foot off the pedal and try to pick between 2500rpm so she shift into normal drive

Ok, this eliminates and electrical problem such as a shift solenoid, or governor pressure solenoid. This is an internal failure in the transmission - possible valve body obstruction, pump or accumulator clogged, or failure in the forward clutches and bands.

The transmission will need to be dropped and torn down to inspect and rebuild as needed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your advice,as I suspected I had this feeling that the Place where I took my truck to put a new transission on never happen and cost me $4000 dollars.I dont mind paying but dont like the idea of dodgy job and I will be paying them a visit tomorrow.The trouble with having a truck like this in ozzy everyone thinks you got loads of money and most of them have no idea on Dodge Ram truck but thank you again