Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

smart fortwo: I have a smart fortwo with remote problems? have

I have a smart fortwo with remote problems? have new batteries but still not working? thnx regards Vince.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases when a remote/transmitter doesn't work like this and you have already checked the terminal contacts for the battery for it as well as installed a new battery this usually ends up being a faulty remote needing replaced.

One way to check for sure is if you have a second remote already and it works this indicates the one that isn't working is faulty needing replaced.If you do not have a second remote to try I would see if a local parts store or a dealer can test the signal from your remote to see if it is sending a signal as some places have a tool to do this.

If found at fault it would need replaced and is most common.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You told me something I already knew am making further enquiries locally but may have to go further afield, thanx.

O.k.,let me know how this turns out as well if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete