Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

daewoo lanos: I have a Daewoo lanos have replaced the radiator

I have a Daewoo lanos have replaced the radiator the reservoir a new cap on the reservoir and this past sunday a new thermostat..the car still overheats and looks like the fluid is coming out the lid on the resevoir
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. Considering what has been replaced the only other things that would cause overheating is a clogged radiator which you can check with a temp gun to see if there are hot/cold spots, a bad water pump which would cause the coolant to not circulate or leaking headgaskets causing exhaust gas to be pushed into coolant which can be tested with a combustion tester. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else at all I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the mechanic checked the compression a few months ago

Compression very rarely tells if a head gasket is blown and should not be as a way to test. You will either need to have a cooling system pressure test done or a combustion test which checks for exhaust gas in coolant. I would recommend having both tests done. The compression test your mechanic did just checks to see if pistons, valves, and timing are good. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks Diana.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the price of theses tests? and Thank You!

You should be able to have both tests done for around $150. I would probably bring it to a different shop too. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.