How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask K. Wiggins Your Own Question
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 2706
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
Type Your Car Question Here...
K. Wiggins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Cadillac Fleetwood Presidential RWD: Looking for a central

This answer was rated:

Looking for a central control module for a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Presidential, Vin 1G6DW52P0RR704864, Rear wheel drive. Believe part number may be 16197386. This is my teenage son's "new" car, so price is important, but would like to get internal lights working. Also will need to know how to reprogram key info, as well as erasing the old information and probably other installation information as well. Would like to know if Chassis Computer Module is referring to the same part? Thank you

Hello, Unfortunately GM discontinued this part but they are still readily available via auto recyclers and ebay.


The term "chassis control module" is sometimes used to describe this part as well. The module controls the vehicle anti theft system and lighting.

When buying one used it is very important to get the resistor value so you can get the proper key cut or you can use a bypass kit such as this.

If you're wishing to replace the module so lights function contact this gentleman


The ccm is located in the trunk on the rear seat back brace. A few bolts and two connectors and it's out.


K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 2706
Experience: AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
K. Wiggins and 9 other Car Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr. Wiggins, my apologies for taking so long. I found the first part of your answer and received it today, but it is only the key module (p/n 16192760) and not the central control module. I ordered it as I am not sure we can get the enumeration for the key restored after replacing the CCM. And the other link you sent is only to a searching link for the part but the part is not listed. I have searched E-bay for four days straight without a solid hit for the CCM. But today I found a link to All Computer Resources and am trying them for the part. Still, I am doing the searching, not finding the part. If you have any idea for reducing the time on line searching through many control modules for the one part I require or know of a junk yard or salvage yard that has on-line search capabilities. This has been for hampered by the loss of my computer, so I am competing for time on my wife's while I restore mine, but such is the life of an old sailor. Thank you for your help so far. Bob

Hi Bob, I'm going to open this back up to the others experts while I do some more digging.

The BCM they sell here for $691.67,

The 16192760 Anti-theft Lock Control Module for $49.99,

Related Car Questions