Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Hyundai Sante Fe: I purchased a used Hyundai 2004. The car

I purchased a used Hyundai 2004. The car started fine until I left the lot.
Now when I turn the ignition the care does not get any power. If you wait a bit it might start. I closed the doors and then try again that worked once.
I hear a noise in the DVD drive like it is testing power after I shut the door.
The clock keeps resetting to 1:00

I was told by the owner that you must put your foot on the brake before turning the key in the ignition. This worked at the owners locations and a few times after but now it won't start. I see power lights go on if I close the door a few times. The ACC displays the warning lights every other time.

What could it be? Any suggestions? Want to take it to dealer but it is electrical and not sure if it can be fixed. Looking for some suggestions. - Boyd
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer/Pearl. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a loose power or ground connection.With a loose or corroded connection this will cause these issues here and this is also why the clock is resetting each time as well.

What needs to be done from here is to have the battery cables checked at the battery as well as where they run from the battery to the engine and electrical components they feed.If a loose or corroded cable is found this needs corrected to correct this here.

If you purchased this used from a car lot I would speak with the lot owner/manager to see if they will cover having this looked into to locate and correct the fault or at least help with the costs.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete